Cattle Disease Studies Via Geographical Information System in Bowi Subur Village, Masni District, Manokwari Regency, West Papua Province
Keywords:Cattle diseases, Distribution, Geographical information systems
Geographical Information System (GIS) and remote sensing provide real-time data to stakeholders. GIS is new and modern tool that are essential for mapping, monitoring, and surveillance of animal diseases. This study aims to provide a digital map of cattle population and disease distribution. Using satellite imaging as mapping apparatus, this study map the distribution of cattle diseases. Animal health is key to livestock production and productivity. This study can be used as prevention and treatment measures efficiently and effectively. Based on the results of the study, the cattle population in Bowi Subur Village was 455 heads. About 78% of respondents graze their cattle extensively in a forage land while the other 22% keep their cattle intensively in the barn, 31 respondents (31%) stated that their cattle had health problems. The study showed that cattle diseases, such as helminth infestation, external parasite infestation, dystocia, and abortus, are varied. Both primary and secondary data showed that helminth infestation was the most common case. Bowi Subur Village has great potential for animal husbandry development especially ruminants in Manokwari Regency.
Afandi, M., Susanto A., & Latubessy, A. (2014). Sistem Informasi Geografis Pendataan dan Pengarsipan Aset PT. PLN (Persero) Distribusi Jateng dan D.I.Y. Prosiding SNATIF Ke -1. 401-410.
Direktorat Jenderal Peternakan. (2010). Epidemiologi Kejadian Penyakit Nematodiasis di Indonesia. Departemen Pertanian Republik Indonesia.
Kunang, S.O., & Sulaiman. (2016). Sistem Informasi Geografis Pemetaan Populasi Hewan Ternak di Sumatera Selatan Berbasis Web. Jurnal Matrik, 18 (1), 89-100. https://doi.org/10.33557/jurnalmatrik.v18i1.401
Mekonnen, M. H., Asmamaw, K., & Courreau, J. F. (2006). Husbandry practices and health in smallholder dairy farms near Addis Ababa. Ethiopia. Prev Vet Med. 74(2), 99- 107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2005.10.004
Pinardi, D., Gunarto, A., & Santoso. (2019). Perencanaan Lanskap Kawasan Penerapan Inovasi Teknologi Peternakan Prumpung Berbasis Ramah Lingkungan. Jurnal Ilmiah Peternakan Terpadu, 7(2), 251 â€“ 262. http://dx.doi.org/10.23960/jipt.v7i2.p251-262
Purwanta, Ismaya, N.R.P., & Burhan. (2006). Penyakit cacing hati (fascioliasis) pada sapi Bali di Perusahaan Daerah Rumah Potong Hewan (RPH) Kota Makasar. J. Agrisistem 2(2), 63-69.
Shofiyanti, R. (2011). Teknologi pesawat tanpa awak untuk pemetaan dan pemantauan tanaman dan lahan pertanian. Jurnal Pertanian, 20(2), 58-64.
Susilo, H., Abdilah A. N., & Amelia, R.K. (2020). Identifikasi Telur Cacing Parasit pada Feses Hewan Ternak di Propinsi Banten. Jurnal Biodidaktika 15(2), 21-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.30870/biodidaktika.v15i2.8719
Tantri, N., Setyawati, R. T., & Khotimah, S. (2013). Prevalensi dan Intensitas Telur Cacing Parasit pada Feses Sapi (Bos Sp.) Rumah Potong Hewan (RPH) Kota Pontianak Kalimantan Barat. Jurnal Protobiont 2(2), 102 â€“ 106. tp://dx.doi.org/10.26418/protobiont.v2i2.2753
Wikantika, K. (2009). Unmanned Mapping Technology: Development and Applications. Workshop Sehari â€œUnmanned Mapping Technology: Development and Applicationsâ€ (UnMapTech2008). Bandung, Indonesia.
Wiliams, J.C., & Loyacano, A.F. 2001. Internal Parasites of Cattle in Lousiana and others Southern States. LSUAgricultural Center Research Studies. United States.
Zalizar, L. (2017). Helminthiasis Saluran Cerna
pada Sapi Perah. Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu Peternakan
(2): 1â€“7. http://dx.doi.org/10.21776/ub.jiip.2017.027.02.01
Copyright (c) 2023 Ni Putu Vidia Tiara Timur
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).